Tuesday 10 March 2015

puppy love


It's only four weeks until we will have our first puppy at Robinvale!

I am dreaming of sweet puppy love, licks and fun.







































Such joy.

Only a few more weeks to wait, and then we will all meet him at the airport because his first home has been in NSW.

I'm SO excited!

All the boys are going to be thrilled. Each of them love animals, and a new puppy is going to be the recipient of much much love. Probably too much. We are going to need to give him some space I'm guessing. There is going to be a lot of love. 

But the one in particular I'm thinking will have his heart full to the brim with puppy love will be Brave. He was made for a dog. This boy of mine has from the very earliest age simply adored animals, and for the last three years straight has been begging for his own to love, every single Christmas and Birthday. Up until now he has been content with stuffed toy dogs some of which have barked if I remember to put fresh batteries in. And he has never complained as such. He accepts that pretending he has a dog is how it will be for now.

So I can't wait to surprise him!

This puppy will be a family pet, but I'm guessing that Brave will do the lions share of the work and care for our newest little guy.

And this new adventure ticks many boxes for our family right now. I'm looking forward to company during the day when I'm at home, and maybe even some motivation for a daily beach walk too. For our boys, a pet to love and adore and look after is just right, and for my Huz this puppy will be a shared love of ours for the now, and a great comfort and companion in the lonely evenings in the days to come. I'm thinking this puppy is going to be pretty special for all of us.

We think we will wait a few more weeks to tell the boys so that they can be excited about getting him, but not have to wait a whole long month. A month is a long time when you are three (or five or seven). And I have a feeling that if we do tell them this far in advance, that everyday for the next month I will be woken in the morning by Soul asking if today is the day we get our puppy.

Now to choose a name. I'm thinking something regal and 'Downton Abbey' esq...


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cath!!! What about Napolean? Promise me he wont be 'Blacky'. A crime committed by too many doting and gracious parents!
    Such a delight, this business of puppy love!! No need for a vacuum anymore, puppy hoover will fix it! Loz x

    ReplyDelete