Tuesday 1 April 2014

aunty A has to go home


Aunty A has to go home this evening. All the way to Turkey, and I'm not ready to say goodbye. It's been such a treat to have her here. She has taken over caring for all of us and I will desperately miss her. 

I've battled today with what I am looking forward to at the moment. Chemo definitely doesn't count. Actually nor does any trip to Tennyson. These appointments are pretty much all that is in my diary. I'm thinking I really need to plan something lovely for this week off! 

My mini miracle has come. The miracle of having an extra portion of energy. I swear my red blood count has upped or at least stayed at the point it was after the extra blood on wednesday. Of course I won't know until I get bloods done on tue, but I am certain it has to be better. This time last week I had my head on the pillow pretty much 24/7 and today I've been sitting up lots, and my mind even feels like it can make a decision or two if push came to shove! An improvement that's for certain.

The best part of an extra shot of energy was feeling good enough to go out with Aunty A for lunch yesterday. We kept it pretty short and easy and just went to one of my favourite spots along the beach just near Glenelg at the Broadway Cafe. 

I can't even put into words how amazing it was to have my beautiful sis with me and have her all to myself to just chat and be with each other. She is such a significant support to me and a huge encouragement as she has been fully journeying alongside us since I was first diagnosed. I am more than blessed. Having two sisters by my side means I never have to feel alone as I process it all. She's leaving tonight, and will drop in this afternoon to say goodbye. Will be very difficult to say goodbye. I've got the Kleenex ready.

Feeling like a lost ship at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment