Tuesday 30 December 2014

breast cancer 101

Cath on Cancer.

Yep.

I'm muddling my way through. Doctors appointments, chemotherapy, packing school lunches, reading bedtime stories and brushing teeth while I battle the inner demons that want to take up residence.

These writings are just me, all raw, on cancer.

I've been writing for my littles. For what my words might mean as they grow. For how my words, my heart might meet them in the years, decades after I go. And my writing is here as a bit of a peek into this insane, unwelcome, bumpy ride. How a heart can cling to Jesus with a torrent of cancer flung into the mix. 

I guess that's why I let Huz convince me to make this little blog public. Im writing for my boys, but if you're brave enough to take a peek, then do. 

I'd like that.

Maybe my boys will read this one day. Maybe they won't want to. But it'll be here for them. 

This is me on paper. Cath on Cancer. Just thoughts on how it is.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful that you've made your blog public. You write so beautifully, so authentically. I know it's intended for your boys, but it's a gift for your friends too. I know that we have no entitlement to any part of your life journey but it's a privilege to be invited into it. At our daughter's funeral, your husband's uncle read out a story that my husband and I had prepared, detailing the logistics of the events leading up to Sophie's death, as well as how we were understanding it in the greater picture of God and his creation. My best friend said to me afterwards that she was so grateful that we'd done that, because it answered questions that lots of people had but were too scared to ask. It somehow completed the picture a bit for them as they stood with us in our grief, and that helped them. And it helped me knowing that it had helped them a bit. Hope that makes sense. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kate, your friend was so right - every time we talk I feel I learn so much from you, and you help the rest of us know how to support by your very own transparency. You have helped others by articulating some of your journey with Sophie so we can know how to stand by you better and closer. I am definitely the richer, definitely different in some of the best ways because of authentic friends like you. This little blog has been inspired in many ways by your honesty with me about the hard times you've walked. i love you! x

    ReplyDelete