Sunday 1 February 2015

hair. cut.


I finally caved and cut it.



My hair that is.

It had got to the point I was feeling like a fluffy thumb. The thumb part is how I think of myself bald, the fluff is the crazy short hair growing straight out from my head with no plan.


kinda like this photo my sissy's and I found of Miss A and I together...crazy fringe with no plan in this one!

I love my hairdresser. they fit me in last minute, and my sweet girl totally got what I wanted to do. Add a little sass by adding a bit of style, dodging the hairy thumb look and adding a smidge of colour.



I'm happy.

so instead of pretending I'll have hair for lots longer when I think it may only be a few weeks or months more when I go on my next type of chemo, I'm so glad to be having fun with it and going a little rockstar. just quietly.

True has been begging to get a letter shaved into the back of his head. For the first time ever I felt the 'peer' pressure to do the same. Can a 7 year old influence a 34 year old negatively? Am I just wanting his approval?!

All the cool kids are doing it...

Didn't get the letter shaved in.

Maybe next time tho Brave. Maybe next time.


2 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder which letter you and Brave would chose to get shaved into the back of your heads?!? One weekend, many years ago, my brother was feeling cheesed off with our parents, and to make his point, he mowed his name into the back lawn in giant letters, making the letters really short grass, then mowed the rest of the lawn at normal height. His act of rebellion lasted for as long as it took for the letters to grow back to normal mowable height. I found it funny. My parents did not! Do share it with us if you and Brave decided to be rebellious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cracked me up Kate! Now you have me scheming how I can do the same to my lawn AND my hair...xx

      Delete