Wednesday 14 January 2015

little sister visit and brave's words


I love it when my little sister comes to visit.

It's been a while. The school holidays have put a halt to most routines, and it's been fun to live out the days surrounded with small boys and loud voices, but now I'm counting down the days till school goes back. Only a few weeks to go. Phew!

And True and Brave were almost giddy waiting for her to come. She's so loved around here. And she's always been amazing with kids, she has the heart for them, and I reckon my boys smell the love that's on offer and just want to dive into it. 

They're lucky to be bathed in Aunty love this morning.

And I love the way True declared that since she was arriving first thing he would be able to wait. Thank goodness she's coming at 8.30 said he on his eighth check of my iPhone.

Half an hour can drag when you can't wait for the fun to begin.

And so I was given the gift of extra sleep while my boys skidded around outside showing off their skills to my sister. And when I woke up there was evidence of sketching and car races down ramps and home grown and hand picked plums eaten by very happy boys.

Such a gift to this tired mamma.

And I've spent the rest of the day with this guy. My middle little. The one who needs people people all day long. 

And I know we've all heard it before, but it has to be said again: old man cardigans for president!


Apparently it is also important when one goes on holiday to button it right up and comb it all over.


Huz and I took the boys to 'the rocks' where he proposed. Took them up there for a bush walk and breakfast overlooking the city.

Brave's 'on-camera' smile as we wildly embellish the story of Huz's proposal. Brave says he might propose up here one day too. That would be rad. Just put this lame smile in your pocket if you do dearest.


Brave and I just finished lunch out on the deck in the sunshine.  He says the most unexpected things. Today it was the following. And I quote:

"I know how God is everywhere. He curls himself up like a blanket to the world.

Or maybe he’s standing and he reaches heaven. With his long arms".

My favourite is the blanket. The sun is streaming in and today I can imagine it.
God wrapped around us like a blanket.

From the mouths of babes...


1 comment:

  1. Wow - God curls himself up like a blanket to the world! Again, what amazing things our children can teach us.

    ReplyDelete