Sunday 19 April 2015

True's sydney trip







 page1image1696

Last weekend was to be True and my secret trip away. A beautiful friend of mine had mentioned how she had taken each of her littles away for some time just for them to be together and enjoy some fun, and I have been busy planning fun adventures for myself and each of the littles ever since.

I had booked tickets to Sydney, and a gorgeous hotel with a pool as I knew how much True was desperate to swim swim swim. On The Rocks, we would be based super close to everything so that my tired self could handle getting around. Perfect plans.

All set.

And then I realised how rubbish I was feeling, this bossy cancer pain shooting through my back and legs, and how if I had a pain crisis while we were away there would be no way I could hide it from my little guy, no way to get myself sorted out and it would end up being completely traumatic instead of wonderful for True. Hmm. Time to think again, and get Huz onboard.

So of course, Huz who is amazing at making all my dreams come true (you know you are Huz - I don't need 'MakeAWish' puz I have you!) agreed to come along, and True also invited Brave to join us. That part makes my heart want to burst. That my boy would want his little bro' to come too. Oh my goodness. That's rad.

So.

Off we set for 24 hours of just hanging with ma' hommies. And although I felt super, horribly, terribly awful about leaving little Soul at home, it kind of had to be that way due to the short nature of the trip. So, I really am sorry my darling Soul. Am planning some kind of fun adventure just for you and me to do really really soon.



Just arrived at the hotel - these two ran like crazies

My littles first buffet breakfast. Pure delight over the decadence. 

Brave and I at the pool. Huz and True are in the spa behind us

The littles loved the Sydney Aquarium. Brave's fav fishy.


And we did swim swim swim, and we ate and walked and discovered, and took a heap of train rides, ferry rides and plane rides. 'Twas so lovely. And tho it wasn't just True and I after all, having Brave and Huz along made it super fun especially at the Italian restaurant we ate at the first night, and the boys snuggling in bed in the hotel room over my iPad for the early morning. 

Tho it is magic to be home, I'm so glad for mini trips with my loves, for the fun of seeing True and Brave live out all the fun of a plane ride, and see through their eyes how it is to touch a sea-star at the aquarium or even just watch as they try with all their might to wait to be served at a restaurant. 

I store it all up in my heart. It's good medicine. 








No comments:

Post a Comment