Tuesday 4 March 2014

a day for Soul and I



Soul and I like a nice relaxed morning around here after sending the big boys off to school. He toddles, asks for puzzles, follows me around, and just lately has thrown into the mix standing silently half hidden in a doorway until I see him. When I look, he just stares back and says; 'hiding' before running off. It's become a serious sport! Reminds me of Pat from 'We Can Be Hero's'...totally cracks me up that show.

True and Brave are getting really good at doing 'bag jobs' before school (getting lunchbox from fridge, packing up readers and sight words, remembering a hat, jumper, umbrella etc), and I love seeing their independence. Just the last two afternoons, it's been the joy of cutting one's own kiwi fruit in half to go 'halvies' with your bro and then scoop out the rest with a spoon. They love it. It's the small things!

After school True has been exhausted despite being the older of the two by 15 months...playing hard, being around roomfuls of kids all day, i totally get how tiring that is. Maybe he's an introvert too? I sure am. 

But I felt lost after they left this morning. The demands left with them, so I just sat out on our huge red comfy chairs on the deck. No more 'requests' for a drink, to scramble for the lost shoe on the way out. Just a quiet little space, and I'm left thinking about what they are up to at school...is it reading time yet? Free play? 

I love that they joined forces yesterday with True's friends, and Brave just joined in. Love brothers that play all day every day together at home and then go back for more in the school yard. 

Makes my heart warm and glad that they are two peas in a pod.


No comments:

Post a Comment